A pellicle inspection and pellicle mounting system for 51MD "51PA"
Lasertec has commercialized a new product "A pellicle*1) inspection and pellicle mounting system for 51MD"that is compatible with photomasks for LCD and will start to accept orders on October 1st ,2006.
- *1Pellicle: A protective film mounted on photomasks for dust controlling
Photomasks for LCD/TFT is required to always have high quality due to its nature being original plates for forming device circuit patterns. Demand for quality of photomask is intensifying as ever and reduction of foreign particles is the issue that must be overcome. The system described here is used under inline connection to the large size photomask inspection system 51MD to go through the processes from pellicle inspection, tentative mounting to final mounting in an integrated manner. Compared to the conventional process in which a photomask is inspected by 51MD and then a pellicle is mounted on the photomask, this new system provides a new process in which risk of particle adherence is remarkably reduced.
- This one system completes from inspection to tentative and final mounting of a pellicle.
- By connecting this system with 51MD, particle adherence on photomasks and pellicles is remarkably reduced.
- Equipping of an ionizer keeps clean environment preventing particle adherence and prevents productivity deterioration caused by re-mounting of pellicles.
- The jigs for clamping a pellicle are stored in a stocker by different sizes and various sizes of pellicles can be appropriately processed, accordingly.
- Exfoliate paper is peeled off without excess stress due to detection of tensile strength at the clamping position when a pellicle is pulled out from the transport case.
- Alignment operation is available, while mounting a pellicle, by measuring the distance between the mask edges and pellicle edges by CCD cameras set at four positions.
- High operability is realized by equipping an automatic particle inspection function on a pellicle surface, a review function, a function to eliminate particles by Air Blow and a function to reverse the front and the back surfaces.
- This system works effectively for quality management and defective pellicle analysis, besides Good/No Good verification, because the detected particles can be observed either under bright view or under dark view and image data of particles can be storable.
- After tentatively mounting a pellicle on a photomask, the pillicle / photomask is transported to a nearby press machine. In the press machine, a number of sucking pads that utilize atmospheric pressure are installed at a regular interval and final mounting of pellicle can be performed by application of constant pressure and time.
- Automatic transportation and mounting of a pellicle in a large size photomask production process.
- Particle inspection on a pellicle surface by reflective scattering light (Quality verification inspection of a pellicle)
Main body, Control Rack and a desk for a PC