Lasertec proactively takes on the growing challenge of global warming and other environmental issues as part of its efforts to contribute to solving social issues through business execution.
Mid- to long-term vision
We are striving to make the following vision come true in the mid- to long-term:
- We contribute to increasing the energy efficiency of electronics and industrial equipment around the world with the development of innovative inspection and measurement tools that are necessary for semiconductors, FPDs and others to achieve higher performance, higher production yields, and lower energy consumption.
- We contribute to facilitating the commercial application of next-generation power semiconductors using SiC and GaN and to enhancing the performance and safety of lithium-ion and other rechargeable batteries, which are crucial for making electric vehicles more reliable and affordable.
- We anticipate mid- to long-term market growth for our products driven by an increase in demand for semiconductors with the advent of new applications such as 5G, AI, IoT, and autonomous driving, but we prevent it from causing a proportional increase in GHG emissions from our production and sales promotion activities by managing to reduce emissions per revenue effectively.
- We contribute to the realization of a sustainable society throughout our supply chain in cooperation with our manufacturing subcontractors and suppliers.
We actively engage in environmental protection activities to save the irreplaceable environment of Earth so that we can pass it on to the next generation in as good a condition as possible.
- 1We engage all employees in the continual improvement of our environmental performance and management system to prevent pollutions.
2We mitigate environmental burdens and risks associated with our business activities through the following activities for environmental protection:
- 1Saving energy and resources
- 2Reducing industrial waste and promoting recycling
- 3Mitigating the environmental burdens of customers in their use of our products
- 3We comply with environmental laws and regulations and other requirements to which we agree to adhere.
|Electricity||Total consumption (kWh)||5,670,360||6,756,222||9,064,168||10,584,937|
|GHG||Scope 1 total*1 (t-CO2)||20||26||24||22|
|Scope 2 total*2 (t-CO2)||2,619||3,074||4,124||5,292|
|Scope 1+2 total (t-CO2)||2,639||3,100||4,148||5,314|
|Scope 1+ 2 per revenue*3
(t-CO2 per hundred million yen)
|Water use||Total volume (m3)||3,939||4,189||5,995||6,597|
|Volume per revenue*3
(m3 per hundred million yen)
|Amount disposed per revenue*3 (tons per hundred million yen)||0.0427||0.0362
|Hazardous chemicals disposal||Volatile organic compounds (VOC) (kg)||8||8||14||20|
|Perfluorocarbon (PFC) (kg)||0||0||0||0|
- *1Calculated from the gasoline usage of company vehicles
- *2Calculated from electricity use
- *3Calculated by dividing the disposed amount by non-consolidated annual revenue