High sensitivity defect inspection/review system, implementing minute defect detection required by the next generation processes
*"MAGICS" is an abbreviation of Multiple image Acquisition for Giga-bit pattern Inspection with Confocal System.
- High-sensitivity inspection of killer defects such as PID, shallow scratch, COP, and SF.
- High-throughput inspection thanks to 63 scanning laser beams and a specially designed high-speed XY stage.
- High-sensitivity inspection of mirror-polished wafers, epitaxial wafers, SOI wafers, quartz wafers and other film-coated wafers.
- High-speed high-resolution review of defect images based on confocal optics.
- Dust-free marking by diamond indenter for easy navigation and analysis using different tools such as SEM and AFM.
- Wafer handling selectable between the following 2 alternative methods:
- For outgoing and incoming inspection of wafers: Edge grip, non-back-contact chuck.
- For evaluation and analysis of wafers: Vacuum chuck applicable to wafers of multiple sizes (6, 8, and 12 inches)
- Handling of FOUP, FOSB and open cassettes
- Evaluation and improvement of wafer manufacturing process
- Outgoing and incoming inspection of wafers
- Development of polishing and cleaning materials
|Wavelength of inspection light source used for inspection||532nm|
|Maximum inspection sensitivity||50 nm (for inspection of PSLs on mirror-polished wafers)|
|Inspection time||22 minutes per wafer (for 300 mm-wafers, normal scan)|
|Review time||2 seconds per defect|